Friday, August 3, 2007

Week 3 Thing #5 and #6 : Flickr

Beam Me Up!

Flickr is really overwhelming! I can see that in some ways it can be a big time waster. However, I can also see that it can be an efficient way of sharing photos with family. After having a recent experience in trying to share about 25 photos with my cousin and niece via email ( it didn't work because the file was too big - I ended up burning a CD) I can see that this would be an easier way of sharing once you have set up the account.

I liked the trading card site. I was able to create a card fairly quickly using one of the pictures already on my computer. Off the top of my head, I can see this being used for a unit on Endangered Species - student could create cards based on their research and then create a game of some sort using the cards. I've added another section to my page layout: I will post any creations that I made by working through this tutorial.

OK, here's a photo I found in Flickr. It's a picture of the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan. I've activated a link (I hope) to it.

I was in Joyce Valenza's Edublog and she had a link called 11Craziest Ways to Browse Flickr
I included it here because it's the topic of the week.

Bottom line: right now this Flickr is a bit overwhelming.

P.S. For some reason the trading card I made didn't come up on my blog. I'll have to try again. Also, I created links to a picture that I found on Flickr and tried to insert it directly to the text area of the blog but that didn't work either.

No comments: