Friday, August 3, 2007

School Library Learning 2.0 #3(Week 2)

Well that was fun! I was able to create my own avatar using Yahoo's avatar creating site and I posted it to my blog which was also cool!
I wasn't sure where I was supposed to paste the html code but put it into the text box with a title and it worked! How neat is that!
So how would I use this with teachers? I think that for other newbies like me, just showing them how easy it was to set up a blog and to use the tools that are on the 'net will give them an idea of what their students are doing now and help teachers to catch up with their students.
I've been sold on the idea of students and teacher blogging as a way of developing literacy, but I probably wouldn't use this site to do it. We have a site called Ontario Blogs which is an educational blog site that has teacher controls built in. Students' posts aren't published until they have been vetted by the teacher. They even include an extensive help and teaching tips section that includes assessment and evaluation of blogs as part of the curriculum.
I have added the Ontario Blogs link to my List of Favorite Sites - did this on my own! I just followed the same instructions as posting my avatar and found the section for adding links.
So far so easy!

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 - enjoy the summer 2.0 fun by working through the 23 THINGS and cheering one another along. Hope you will officially register. There are lots of participants from around the world going through this, as well as our own CSLA members.

Enjoy!
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Well done! You are registered!